There are so many benefits to Baby Massage:
Below are just a few!
Benefits for babies:
- Promotes bonding with the parents/caregivers, making your little one feel more secure in themselves
- Promotes positive stimulation of all the systems of their tiny bodies ie: improves circulation of blood around their body
- Can help with relief of Wind/Colic/Constipation/Cramps/Tension
- Can relax your little one, reducing stress levels and enabling them to calm themselves
- Can help to improve sleep patterns
- Aids in weight gain and builds good muscle tone and flexibility
Benefits for Parents/Caregivers:
- Builds a positive bond and promotes secure attachment with your little one
- Improves parents/caregivers self esteem and confidence
- Opportunity for the father to bond
- Provides one-on-one quality time, especially if this is not your first baby!
- Relaxes the parent/caregiver (increasing those positive “feel good” hormones Oxytocin and Prolactin)
- If mom is breastfeeding, the increase in Prolactin hormone stimulates lactation/breastmilk
- Decreases/Prevents Post Natal Depression for mom, due to the production of the “feel good” hormones and the relaxation benefit
- Improves the sleep of Parents/Caregivers, due to the relaxation of your little one and the relaxation you gain from positive touch/communication
- It is an opportunity to get out of the house and meet other new Moms/Dads/Caregivers and for Babies to socialise also!